Mary D’Arcy Clinic at Quail Run Farm – January 2019!

Mary D’Arcy Clinic at Quail Run Farm: Saturday January 18, & Sunday, January 19, 2019.
Rain/Freeze date or Second Clinic Jan 25 & 26

Mary is an amazing British Horse Society Instructor and ICU Faculty Instructor who COACHED The Irish International and Olympic Eventing Teams for over 14 years. Mary is equally wonderful at teaching riders from Advanced through to the lower levels! Mary is also a wonderful Dressage Coach!

If you would like to ride in Mary’s Clinic(s) please click here to download the registration form send back to me ASAP with a check for $270. Checks are NOT deposited until the week of the clinics! Please sign up ASAP to avoid disappointment! Riders will be accepted in the order in which the checks are received, and groups can be filled! We usually have a wait list for our Mary Clinics.

ALL Quail Run Farm Activities are CANCELLED for Weekend October 20/21

Dear Competitors and Friends,

ALL Quail Run Farm Activities are CANCELLED for Weekend October 20/21!

We are sorry to report that even QR can’t cope with this much rain! Our fields are saturated and are roads are both in need of repair!

I hope that the rain goes away for this weekend and that you are able to ride again.

Keep November 17/18th in mind as we will try to reschedule our HT. CT or Derby, depending upon weather conditions.

With regret. Ride safely!


October Horse Trials Canceled!

Dear Competitors,

In view of the continued rain through Friday, we have reluctantly decided to cancel and possibly reschedule for Nov 17/18.

Our Dressage, Cross Country and SJ courses would all be safe but I doubt that our land could sustain the insult of many vehicles running over it as it is totally saturated.

We are also concerned that as many of you have been unable to exercise your horses that you may be dealing with very fresh horses as well as very wet ground. Safety is always our #1 priority!

If the weather forecast is correct, I am hoping that the going should be much improved by Sunday! PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES!

THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY ENTERED OUR HT and wish to come and school both CC and Stadium may contact me via e mail and come for a private schooling with your instructors. This will NOT BE AN OPEN SCHOOLING! Please jump each cross-country fence one time and avoid wet areas in the woods and down by the creek as they will be slippery and possibly dangerous! ALSO Ambulances may not be able to get to the very wet and low lying land!

PLEASE NOTE that in view of the limited gravel parking, we can only offer it to those who have already entered the show! Please email me and tell me if you wish to participate so that I will know if there is room on the gravel for your trailer!

We are happy to REFUND the cost of Entry fees minus $20 office fee. Those who are able to reschedule for November will have all fees transferred.

For those who did not sign up for XC schooling on their entry form the cost will be: $40 XC schooling and $35 for NTEA and Pony Club members.

If you wish to RIDE one stadium course under USEA rules the cost is $15 per round. Your instructor may remain in the ring with you. Each fence will be jumped ONE time only. Three refusals elimination.

SJ will be set at 2’ for 1 30 PM. And be raised every 30 minutes or as scheduled.  PLEASE BOOK with Jan via e mail. I will write a timetable. You may ride a second course for another fee $15.

Once again, we are sorry to have to cancel for only the second time since our first HT over 30 years ago. The other time we had a snow blizzard in March at a recognized USCTA HT!

Please let me know if you are able to compete during the w/e of November 17/18. We may have the HT on Saturday 17th with schooling on Sunday?

Please pray for sunshine and for those affected by the recent storms and hurricane.


Jan and Peter